Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Have I told you about the AquaMoms?


Dear Anna,

When you were in my tummy, I went to a water aerobics class every Monday and Wednesday evening from 5:30 to 6:30 called AquaMoms at the hospital where I planned (and eventually did) to have you. My friend Danielle had suggested it, and my doctor encouraged it, so off we went! I began the class when I was 13 weeks pregnant - I was hardly showing! The same day that I started, a nice lady named Tawanna started, too. We went instant friends! Then, I met Jill a few weeks later. It's such a small world - I knew Jill's husband from my work. I also made friends with Gina. We were all expecting girls, as it turned out, and we were due right about the same time: Tawanna's due date was first, then Gina's, then mine, then Jill's. As it turned out, Jill "beat" me and little Grace showed up just a few hours before you did!

The AquaMoms, as we now call ourselves, all had healthy little girls and you entered this world with three friends - one of whom was in the hospital at the same time as you. You are so lucky to have friends at such a young age! And I am so lucky to be friends with your friends' mommies! We are so blessed, little one.

The AquaMoms continue to meet outside the water. We've already been to 7-hour-long mall visits, each other's houses, local restaurants, and the zoo! I expect we're going to have much more fun to come! The eight of us will be walking in the Race for the Cure in a few weeks - you're going to be a member of Team Guppy! So cute!

I hope you always remember that maintaining a friendship is work and that you should never take friends for granted. We'll work on those lessons as you get older. For now, just enjoy being a member of the AquaBabies, Little One, and Mama will enjoy being an AquaMom.

Love,
Mama

No comments: