Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Just when I was about to give you back...

Dear Anna,

Yesterday morning I was at my wit's end. You had hardly slept all night long (so I didn't either), and you had spit up (often by projecting it across the room) almost everything you ate. I was tired and worried and frustrated. Since your friend Grace was born the day before you, I suspected that she and her mommy Jill would be home and able to save us from ourselves. So, I called Jill and we loaded up and went to her house for a stroll. (Dadgum, it was a large stroll - there are some big hills it that part of town!)

You spit up right before we left for the stroll (it rolled out like a fountain!), and Jill called the doctor (who happens to be her mommy) while I sat on the floor and cried. That made me feel better, and I got some tips for how to get to you keep your food down. Whew!

After our monster stroll, the kiddos and the mommies had lunch and then went outside. For the first time, you spent all afternoon lounging on a blanket in the sunshine. It was divine. I got to spend some time speaking to a girlfriend...and so did you! We read books and slept and chatted the afternoon away. Definitely one of the best days I've had with you so far. I look forward to many many more, kiddo. I love you.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Little Grace Margaret has beend doing a little spitting up today, too. I thought of you two.
Anna, Mommy forgot to tell you that we spent the afternoon after our stroll laying on a blanket in the back yard. Your Mommy read books to you and Grace. Your Daddy was very jealous!!
Jill