Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Celebrating Veteran's Day with an Update

Since our friends Emily and Brad have become parents to both Isabella Lynn and a new blog, I feel compelled to update our little space on the web to share a little of what is going on in Anna’s world at the moment. But, first, let me welcome Baby Isabella into this world! I know that her parents will love and cherish her…and we will as well. Okay – I feel like I am doing the greetings at church before the service starts.

So. Anna. Where to begin since I haven’t updated this thing since Anna’s 12-month stats. Today is Anna’s 16-month birthday. I always rolled my eyes at those people who told me that “they grow up so fast.” I must take back all the eye rolling! It is true! As much as I miss Anna being a baby, I find that I enjoy Anna being a toddler. She is a sweet, mischievous, independent, loving, busy little girl. I am amazed by how much she understands. We keep a stack of Anna’s books in the living room. Last night, I told Anna to go find Fox in Socks. She toddled up to the stack of books and sorted through them until she found Fox in Socks, then she brought it to me and backed up and sat in my lap waiting for me to read the book to her. After story time, Joseph, Anna, and I sang Ring Around the Rosies. Anna knew just what to do and even shouted “Down!” at the very end while she crumpled to the floor. It was precious. We did it over and over again!

Last month, Anna changed schools. We have seen a tremendous difference in her: Anna’s love of books has increased exponentially, she has become much more independent, and she seems more focused on the project or task at hand. Clearly, she is brilliant. I am so happy that Anna is able to attend this school. Knowing that she is there each day makes it easy for me to come to work. I look forward to seeing what Anna has learned each day!

In the last few months, we’ve been to the Memphis Zoo with the AquaBabies, to the pumpkin patch with Big Pop and Nana, trick or treating with the neighbors, to the Holy Souls Fall Fest with Mia, to an air show to see the Blue Angels, to a spaghetti supper (first school fundraiser), and much more! We're looking forward to the upcoming holidays so that things will quiet down for a few days. Okay...so I don't think anything is going to get any quieter anytime soon. At least I have started Christmas shopping...can't make that a last minute thing any more...

No comments: