Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Now that I'm a Mom:

1. I wear house shoes on a daily basis.
2. I forget people's names...names I should know...like my husband's aunt. (I'm totally going to have to out myself later and call Joseph and ask, "What is your aunt's name so we can send her a Christmas card?")
3. I talk a lot about poop.
4. I buy the brands I have a coupon for and spend time shopping around for the absolute best deal.
5. I initiate conversations with other mothers whom I've never met.
6. I am amazed at how expressive a baby can be without using words.
7. I am still a little bit intimidated by other people's kids, especially older kids.
8. I am way more excited about toys than I probably should be...and I spend a lot of time researching which toys are safe and offer some developmental goodness.
9. I am very interested in becoming a better cook so that I can provide my daughter with good, healthy meals that are minus so much processed foods.
10. I am (albeit slowly) becoming more domestic in all realms of my life despite the fact that I went to college for 8 years and have a doctorate degree. Funny how baby changes everything.
11. Oh, and I have bigger feet.

No comments: