Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm a bad blogger!

It feels like it has been ages since I've last posted here. I'll have some more material this afternoon, as Anna and I will be attending an AquaMoms playdate at Gina's house. I've made Mint Chocolate Brownies (from scratch!) for the occasion.

So what have we been up to? Grillin' and eatin'.

Exhibit A:
The pork butts (first picture) were amazing! Joseph smoked these "low and slow" for over 12 hours. We ate part of one with our friends H. and R. while we watched the Super Bowl. The other one I ate for my lunches this week and then we froze the rest. We'll have BBQ on demand for a long time to come. And I'm completely okay with that. Seriously - it was better than any restaurant pulled pork.

Anna continues to be the best kid ever. She just finished her first round of antibiotics for a mild ear infection (that got the mama and the daddy, too). She loves to eat but hates applesauce.

Exhibit B:
Joseph fed Anna some sweet potatoes this morning. She loves it when her daddy feeds her because she gets BIG bites!

On the crawling front, Anna keeps going backwards. She is beginning to move sideways like a sidewinder snake. I'm not sure how else to describe it. Today, we watched as she straightened one leg out and formed a triangle with her arms and body. Joseph says that this is a precursor to walking. Um, wow! She must be the strongest kid ever.

Anna likes to sit in her Fisher Price barn and play with the animals that dangle in front of her, although I think that her favorite thing to do is crawl backwards under the tv stand and play with the buttons on the dvd player. Heh. I always liked buttons, too.

Going from stay at home mom to a working mom has been surprisingly easy. I love my job - I work with great people and what I actually do at work is fun. The daycare Anna stays at during the day is nice. They seem to love Anna - they hold her a lot and always tell me how sweet and funny she is. Clearly she is the smartest, funniest, cutest, most advanced kid there. Clearly. Joseph and I are carpooling, which makes us a joint task force for getting Anna ready in the morning and picking her up in the afternoons. The extra time alone in the car is nice, too. I think that Joseph's "cave time" has all but disappeared, but hopefully he has adjusted.

I did call in the reinforcements yesterday. I was trying to clean house, and Joseph was busy trying to clean the grill, and Anna demanded somebody's full attention. Bebe came over after she watched her grandson Patrick play basketball and watched Anna and helped fold clothes. I was able to go get my hair cut and Joseph got a nap in. Yay for grandparents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DON'T FORGET ABOUT AUNTIE EM WHEN ANNA NEEDS FULL ATTENTION FOR LAUNDRY AND GRILL-CLEANING DAYS!!! :) LOVE TO MY GIRLS ...