Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Single" Parenting

Today is Day 3 of my second week back at work. Today is also Day 3 of Joseph's first out-of-town business trip since Anna's birth. Joseph is the one who has been traveling, but I think Anna and I are the most tired. It is only 7:30 p.m. and she's been in bed asleep for at least 20 minutes...and I'm not far behind.

In lieu of actual writing, here are some cute pictures of Anna:

At the recommendation of the fine folks at Babies R Us, Anna is now the proud user of a Sassy Seat Doorway Jumper. She loves to jump (especially when cousin Alma is holding her), but she hasn't quite figured out that the Sassy Seat was made for jumpin'! She still has fun it it, though, and it is a good place to put her while I am running her bath.

Of all the towels I have for Anna, the homemade ones are my absolute favorite. (For one thing, they actually are plush enough to absorb water.) This one is, of course, an elephant and was given to Anna by our friend Michele. The towel has Anna's name embroidered down the back. Too cute. Anna likes to kick back and relax from the hard work that is bath time by snuggling in her plush towel.

The picture below cracks me up - Anna knew that I wanted her to be still and quit turning around so that I could dress her after her bath, but she just couldn't resist touching the wipes. I think she thought if she didn't turn around I wouldn't notice her arm reaching out behind her. Sneaky girl!

And just in case we didn't know - she is her daddy's girl. This one is ALL Joseph because I know that I never had a mischievous grin like that one. Oh, and that lamb she's holding - a gift from my kindergarten teacher to Anna (thanks, Ms. Weatherman!) - is the best baby distraction EVER. It winds up and plays "Jesus Loves Me" and its little head moves side to side. If you want Anna to move or roll over, just move the lamb. It is magic! I keep it on the changing table for diaper/clothes changing ease.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This pic is too cute! How is my baby girl ... going forward yet????????